Need to make smarter and more profitable business decisions?
This 2-day course will introduce you to forecasting principles and their practical application in the pharmaceutical industry. Deeply rooted in research and analytics, the skills learned in this course will help you support leadership in making informed and profitable business decisions.
Topics you will learn include:
- The forecasting process
- Prerequisites for effective forecasting
- Time series methods to develop baseline projections
- Event-based forecasting to finalize the baseline forecast
- Demand-based vs. Epidemiology-based forecasting
- Quantitative methods for validation & analog modeling
- New product, in-line product, and life-cycle forecasting
Industry Leading Instructors
JERRY ROSENBLATT PhD.
Managing Partner, International Operations
Jerry has been a leading figure in life sciences opportunity assessment and forecasting and for the past 25 years. He is a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Pharmaceutical Management Science Association, and he is a former academic with a distinguished career as a marketing scholar.
General Manager, Associate Partner, Performance & Learning
Don has over 25 years of experience in life sciences as a subject matter expert who specializes in organizational performance. Areas of expertise focus on commercial excellence including forecasting, market research, brand planning and advanced marketing strategy.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Pre-Requisites for Forecasting
- Quantitative Forecasting Methods
- Interpreting Data and Error
- Exponential Smoothing Methods
- Demand-based Methodologies
- Creating a Forecast Baseline – Demo
- Applying Statistical Methodologies
- Creating a Demand-based Forecast
- Forecast Workshop
- Time Series Forecasting
- How to Choose the “Best” Forecast
- Creating a Demand-based Model
- Qualitative Forecasting Methods
- Building off the Baseline Forecast
- Event-based Forecasting Methods
- Event-based Forecasting Workshop
- Lifecycle Forecasting Issues
- Pre-launch and Launch Products
- In-line Products
- Biologics / Speciality Products
- Loss of Exclusivity
- Epidemiology- based Forecasting
- Case Studies in Effective Techniques